Tuesday, July 9, 2013

summer

It's always like this, isn't it? Waiting for summer, waiting for summer, waiting for summer and then, boom: picnics, popsicles, mosquito bites; when did it begin? I switched readers, but somehow the whole blogging thing has changed, right? And tumblr is wholly unsatisfying. I think I'm feeling sentimental because in two days, The Summer Workshop starts with nineteen writers (ages 14-18) and nine generous guest authors and free pizza from our neighbors and free bagels from our other neighbors and I'm just feeling so damn grateful.
Photo: mine

3 comments:

What Possessed Me said...

I haven't quite gotten the hang of summer yet. This happens every year. You'd think I'd be a pro by now.

Wish I were 14-18 so I could take your summer writing program!

erica lorraine scheidt said...

i wish i was too. omigod the guest authors we have are amazing.

and re: summer. why is that? we have a huge summer list and boom, it's july. we need to get our camping, berry picking, beach going on.

erica lorraine scheidt said...

ps: i'm thinking about your kitty.